Awesome. Let's continue with the cleanup.
Step#1 - Remove Z drive from Disk Management
1. Go back to Disk Management.
2. Right-click on the (Z:) drive and select Change Drive Letter and Paths...
3. Click the Remove button.
4. Click Yes to any confirmation messages that may come up.
5. Reboot your machine
Step#2 - AdWCleaner
1. Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and internet browsers.
4. Click on Scan.
5. After the scan is complete click on "Cleaning"
6. Confirm each time with Ok.
7. Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
8. Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.
9. If need be, you can also find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt as well.
Step#3 - Re-Install newest Malwarebytes
- Download Malwarebytes to your desktop from here and install.
Step#4 - ESET Online Scanner and Post Results
Before running this scan, please temporarily disable your antivirus software to avoid conflicts. You can re-enable once it's done. Instructions for doing this on many AVs are here. This scan can take hours to run but is necessary to ensure we don't miss anything. Plan accordingly.
- Please go here and click on
- Note: This site is optimized for Internet Explorer. Please use it for this scan. If you wish to use Firefox or Chrome you will be asked to download the ESET Smart Installer first (esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe). Go ahead and download and run this file.
- Please accept the ESET Online Scanner EULA and click Start.
- If prompted, allow the Add-On/Active X to install. If you have problems with this step please see this link.
- Make sure Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications is selected.
- Click the Advanced Settings link.
- Make sure Remove found threats is NOT checked.
- Make sure Scan archives IS checked.
- Make sure Scan for potentially unsafe applications IS checked.
- Make sure Enable Anti-Stealth technology IS checked
- Click on Start
- The virus signature database will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed, if anything was detected please click the List of found threats link.
- Then click the Copy to Clipboard link and paste this information into your next reply.
- Then you may click the Back button.
- Check Uninstall Application on Close before clicking finish.
Items for your next post
1. AdwCleaner log
2. Contents of the ESET log file