Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG, MBAM disabled in Win 7 after momenatry blue screen [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Correct.

Advertisements

broadcastec

broadcastec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

The Fix text is attached.  However, after running the test to be certain it is working, the screen shot is what showed up..even though the Java control panel is accessible through the Windows control panel..and would indicate that it is working.  I did got to a site which I know requires Java...and though it appears to be working, the site itself would not load due to a screen which says the site does not meet the "high" security level of the Java installed.  The "about" information shows.... (V 8 Update 60  1.8.0_60 b27)

Attached Thumbnails

• Java results.png

Attached Files

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Which Browser did you use to do the verification test?

broadcastec

broadcastec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

The only browser I have on this computer is IE11

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

That's actually good that you have only one. Let's try this.

1. Download and save jre1.8.0_60.msi to your desktop.

2. Go to Add/Remove programs and select Java and attempt to uninstall it. It will likely prompt you for the location of a file.

3. Browse to your desktop and select jre1.8.0_60.msi that you previously downloaded.

Let me know if this completes.

broadcastec

broadcastec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Your instructions were followed, however do you want me to uninstall "Java"....as in by pointing the subject in the Browse window, just the  msi file which is on the desktop? I really don't want to remove Java which was such a laborious pain to install!

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Java isn't working however as you stated so we have to try other things. If you want to leave it as is just let me know but I thought it wasn't currently working.

Your question wasn't clear to me but I wanted you to go to Add/Remove programs and select the Java program that is listed. Select to remove. You will likely be prompted to select a file when doing this and I wanted you to point it to the MSI on the desktop.

broadcastec

broadcastec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

It seems to be working (Java).  Let's consider this effort successful!

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Excellent. Sorry it took so long to get you there. If there's nothing else I'll go ahead and close this issue. You can run the cleanup once more if you wish to remove our tools. Take care.

1. Clean Up!
We need to remove all the tools that we used so that should you ever be re-infected, you will download updated versions which may have updated detection logic.
1. Download Delfix from here.
2. Ensure everything is checked.
3. Click Run.
Note: The program will run for a few moments and then notepad will open with a log. Please paste the log in your next reply.
Note: Delete any  other .bat, .log, .reg, .txt,  and any other files created during this process, and left on the desktop and empty the Recycle Bin.

broadcastec

broadcastec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Brian, thanks for your diligence, guidance, and expert help.  I truly appreciate your time and added extra effort to take care of all issues which have been resolved completely to my satisfaction.  This is my first use of "Geeks" and the experience has been exceptional in every respect.  I wish you continued good luck in helping others as you did me.

Advertisements

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

You're welcome.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.