Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

unknown motherboard

• Please log in to reply

wolf0490

wolf0490

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Can anyone tell me what kind of motherboard this is? It is a micro atx looks like and do i have the cables run right. Anything missing? Etc. Sorry for the pictures did best i could. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150901_205150.jpg
  • 20150901_205104.jpg

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,512 posts
I wonder what is the DB FT1 designation on the board is ? I Goggled it just to see what came up.

http://www.semicondu...idproduct=48194 <--------- Is that it ?

I can't help with the cables, a tech may be able to help with that though.

Joe

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Yes from the given picture it looks like AMD DB FT1 Motherboard and the cables you ask for it SATA cables(orange one!)? Which connect the hard disk to mother board in the picture.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,149 posts

Hi,

Where is the connection for the Power Supply??? It seems used for something else!

wolf0490

wolf0490

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi,

Where is the connection for the Power Supply??? It seems used for something else!

The board seems to use a ac switching adapter of some sort for power, low voltage maybe? but not sure if im suppose to use +5v or +12v or both?

wolf0490

wolf0490

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Yes from the given picture it looks like AMD DB FT1 Motherboard and the cables you ask for it SATA cables(orange one!)? Which connect the hard disk to mother board in the picture.

i have data and power connections going to both the hard disk and cd rom, but not sure about this power supply hook up, that part is new to me. 

wolf0490

wolf0490

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I wonder what is the DB FT1 designation on the board is ? I Goggled it just to see what came up.

http://www.semicondu...idproduct=48194 <--------- Is that it ?

I can't help with the cables, a tech may be able to help with that though.

Joe

yup, that looks right. thanks for finding that for me.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

i have data and power connections going to both the hard disk and cd rom, but not sure about this power supply hook up, that part is new to me. 

Ok, Lets explain me, what is this motherboard used for, it is a pc? Because i did not see power supply unit similar to one that used in pc, rather i see something below the motherboard(is it psu?), I thought in your picture the 24/4 power supply connection have some sort of card inserted on it and the power supply wires connect to it?

wolf0490

wolf0490

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Ok, Lets explain me, what is this motherboard used for, it is a pc? Because i did not see power supply unit similar to one that used in pc, rather i see something below the motherboard(is it psu?), I thought in your picture the 24/4 power supply connection have some sort of card inserted on it and the power supply wires connect to it?

i did some more reaserch and this board is a mini-itx, eval board used for the g series amd processor (graphics) im im assuming. it is a complete motherboard, the power supply connection has a card in it. almost like it uses a laptop power supply. im not familier with this type of power connection. i just hooked up cables i have that fit. seems right. i have not tryed powering on yet. not sure what voltage to use for this type of power adapter.

Natsuki Kuga

Natsuki Kuga

Geek in Training

• GeekU Freshman
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Link found by zep516 says this motherboard has normal ATX power input. Have you tried plugging off this card and plug a computer power supply?

wolf0490

wolf0490

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Link found by zep516 says this motherboard has normal ATX power input. Have you tried plugging off this card and plug a computer power supply?

the only computer power supply i have does not support sata, would i just use the 24/4 connection?

Natsuki Kuga

Natsuki Kuga

Geek in Training

• GeekU Freshman
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

the only computer power supply i have does not support sata, would i just use the 24/4 connection?

Maybe use molex -> sata adapter? With 24/4 connection you mention something like this: http://www.orpheusco...AR_20 4_pin.jpg ?

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

molex2xsata.jpg

@Natsuki Kuga

The link you provided is broken.

@wolf0490

So that you want to run it? where do you got it from?