Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows reinstall and dropbox

• Please log in to reply

Jonnyet

Jonnyet

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all. Please firstly let me apologise for my ignorance when it comes to computers. Hence why I need your guys help.

My computer needs windows reinstalling and I have the disk ready and waiting. My concern is this. With work me and my colleges use Dropbox a lot. Now reinstalling Windows I assume is going to completely wipe my computer and I will have to resync with Dropbox and redox load etc which isn't an issue.

BUT...is reinstalling windows and clearing my computer of all its data going to affect all our hundreds of files stored on Dropbox. For example one of my colleagues won't login tomorrow and try and access a Dropbox file and find them all gone because I have deleted it from my computer??

I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance guys.

Jonny

Advertisements

amarkkassery

amarkkassery

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Hi Jonnyet,  :welcome:

When you reinstall Windows, you don't have to worry about losing files on DropBox, as it doesn't register it as a "Delete". It would merely count as a sync to a new computer, without it knowing about what "happened to your old computer."

Hope this helps.