Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Game crash on Samsung Galaxy S3

• Please log in to reply

Bewitched1

Bewitched1

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Hi guys :)

I have an S3 through which I play only a few games,  Lately one of the Zynga games just crashes non-stop :(  It had never done this before.  The game runs a lot of updates now I don't know if that has anything but here's the details/what I've tried so far:

Cleared caches for all apps.  Force stopped the game and cleared the cache there many times over (even pressed Clear Data to see if it would help only to spend countless hours downloading all the levels again :().  

Is there a good app I can download that will test what the error is for the crash?  

I am suspecting it may be my wifi connection where I live now, as my husband said one of his sales apps always crashes now.  He has the same model phone as me - is it more likely our dinosaur phones are to blame, or the wifi??  lol.... Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

whether that specific game in your phone and specific app in your husband's phone got crashed?

Did you find any other mobiles connecting to this wifi experience this issue?

Also having too many apps running in the background will likely cause crashes, Lighten up the load of your device by uninstalling the apps that you are no longer using. Try to leave at least 150 MB for your internal memory

Bewitched1

Bewitched1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Thanks for the reply much appreciated.  I had googled a few tips and tricks a few weeks back such as freeing up memory etc and these are my stats as follows:

16GB phone: Used space = 6.41GB. available space = 3.87GB. the rest is calculated in miscellaneous files etc.

My husband had a sales application crash on him he doesn't play the same games as me, but I thought it was worth mentioning as we never had crashes before we moved so maybe it might be weak wifi signal?

I have four bars connected at work on the wifi, and we are lucky to get four at home :(  We live in a rural area under new development so I guess it's possible. The only other theory I had was the game itself has notification bars come up when people win things, and I often freeze and crash and when I log back in it brings up that bar upon login, so maybe that's it?  Is there something like an event viewer on my samsung that would that tell me?

Bewitched1

Bewitched1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Hi there, I can uninstall it I'm just trying desperately hard not to, mainly because I don't use facebook anymore these days so the game progress cant be synced/saved and I have reached ridiculously high levels/coins/bonuses etc etc :(  I did work out today though that at work (where my wifi is strong and awesome!) it crashed after 25 minutes of play.  If it can only manage short periods of play before crash what do you think this means if I have enough space on my phone to play it?  If an uninstall is the best option I will do it if I have to though, cheers for the help!

THOMAS123456

THOMAS123456

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

you can unistall the game and then again install,,,,,,