Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screens, many 'seems to be caused by ... ntoskrnl.exe'.

blue screen bsod

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Well, it didn't do it without prompting me, but the prompt said that either Windows or the motherboard couldn't read HDDs over 2TB and would I like to install this to do it a different way, 

No idea what went on there so cannot comment.

Is there something I can try to remove it and maybe it will read all 3TB anyway?

You would lose the data on the virtual drive, see here

Advertisements

For the love of sod.

For the love of sod.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Ah, now it seems my drive is formatted incorrectly.  'Tis NTFS and it should have been GPT.  So, unless I can come up with something fairly clever, I don't think I can remove Disk Unlocker utilise the full 3TB without doing a whole lot of stuff I don't really want to do.  Although, MGSV is running from that virtual disk.  Could that be the problem?

See here:  http://answers.micro...99b31bf5?auth=1

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not sure that there is a way around this I`m afraid as your update suggests that UEFI was not enabled when Windows was installed, that would explain Disk Unlocker being suggested  :(

Not exactly sure how this would affect MGS tbh.