Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting up HP printer using a borrowed PC

HP printer deskjet pc

• Please log in to reply

juliaatgeekstogo

juliaatgeekstogo

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Hi,

A friend is currently using his iPad for internet access, etc since his Windows laptop was stolen some months ago.

I've helped him to purchase a printer - HP Deskjet 2540 as it is AirPrint enabled, which is the same as the one I use in my home from various computers.

As a PC is required to setup the printer on his home network, if I take mine over to his home, how do I use my PC's software for this? Does it just recognise the "guest printer" and set it up, leaving my printer setup as-is?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Julia

Advertisements

Hashaboo

Hashaboo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

what do you mean by PC software means? you mean for printer driver?

If you and your friend have same printer then you able to connect the printer directly as you have driver already installed, Is the printer is USB connected one?