Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Images on Yahoo.com not loading?

• Please log in to reply

speedracergirl

speedracergirl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Same here, and I took the Speedtest. Still no images!

I had a microsoft update the today with numerous updates. Could this have affected it?

Edited by speedracergirl, 10 September 2015 - 06:33 AM.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
The speed test does not fix anything. It just verifies you have a decent connection.

I'm beginning to think it's a possible issue with yahoo servers. I use Yahoo mail and having issues with it, although I'm not having page load issues in the Palemoon browser at yahoo.com.

Out of curiosity what browser are you using ? What happens when you try a different browser ?

speedracergirl

speedracergirl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

I have not tried in any browser yet, but saw that someone else had tried Firefox. They had the same outcome. I am using Chrome.

seashell2015

seashell2015

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I am also having the same problem.  No images on yahoo.com.  It is not working in Firefox or IE either.  I have also tried the recommended fixes.  Still doesn't work.  I have even moved my computer out of the house and tried a different connection.  I have another computer that has not had the Microsoft update applied and Yahoo.com is working correctly.  

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

I guess it's a bit reassuring that it's not only me?  I had issues with the images again this morning before work, but now that I've just gotten home they're all there again.  It's so strange........

speedracergirl

speedracergirl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Any other suggestions, GhostLoad, to help me?

seinfan01

seinfan01

• Pip
  • 2 posts

After several Google searches, I finally found a forum that explains the issue I'm having...

I use Firefox. A Firefox refresh fixed the problem for a few minutes and then it went back to blank pics. Currently, the big selected news story picture is showing but the five 'preview' pictures are not. The pictures below when you scroll down are hit and miss.

This problem started after an automatic installation of 17 updates for Windows 7.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Any other suggestions, GhostLoad, to help me?

Wish I knew how to help, I woke up this morning and no images once again.  Uuuugggghhhhh

speedracergirl

speedracergirl

• Pip
  • 7 posts
seinfan01, 

I noticed that mine went blank after the large updates as well. Would it be safe to uninstall them? Anyone have some input here?

speedracergirl

speedracergirl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

OK. I did a System Restore to a safe date; backed up my Bookmarks that would otherwise disappear. After it ran, it said it did not complete successfully. Ran it again; same results.

So, I took a chance and rebooted the system alone and brought up Yahoo. Bing! My images are back, at least for now. We will see what happens through the rest of the day and tomorrow.

Advertisements

seashell2015

seashell2015

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I fixed my problem.  I called tech support for a website I use for my business.  They have had a lot of calls regarding some pictures missing on yahoo.com.  He asked me if I have Avast anti-virus installed on my computer--and I do.  I fixed my problem with the website I use for my biz and also fixed yahoo.com.  I have another computer that doesn't have Avast installed and I have installed the Microsoft updates--yahoo.com works fine on that computer.

This is what he told me to do:

Open up Avast

Go to Settings

Click Active Protection

Click on Customize next to Web Shield

Uncheck - Enable HTTPS Scanning

I don't know if this is the problem with others that have posted.

speedracergirl

speedracergirl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

I went ahead and customized my Avast, just in case. We'll see in the morning. Seashell2015, can you keep us updated to see if this still works tomorrow? Thanks!

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Hmm I also use Avast! and I'll try the things that the tech support rep suggested to you.  I'll report back in a day or so and keep an eye on the site (since, for me at least, it fluctuates between showing images and them being missing).

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

It does appear to be an avast issue. Avast is currently working on the issue from my understanding.

See Here for additional information an insight.

Joe

speedracergirl

speedracergirl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Joe,

You could be right! Though I had already uninstalled all the updates prior to fixing the Avast problem, my images have stayed since last night. 

Thanks for all the help everyone!