Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CXTPLS.EXE

• Please log in to reply

bf6067

bf6067

• Pip
  • 1 posts
About 2 months ago, a co-worker had installed spyware and adware on my machine because every so often, my computer seemed to really slow down. She claimed that this software would remove unwanted junk from my computer and hence speed it up. Prior to her adding this to my computer, I never got pop-ups. Now I get them all of the time. ;)

My free space on my computer, went from 60% down to 36% in a matter of a few days and ever since, my computer is experiencing major problems. It keeps slowing down due to pop-ups. I have been logged out of the Internet on many occassions as a result and I have experienced computer freeze up where nothing happens. I have had to reboot my computer at least 2-3 times a day. I did try to uninstall what she loaded on the computer. I started checking to see what was running on my computer and I found a couple of applications on the net which supposedly were a result of spyware. I followed the instructions and removed them MWSOEMON.EXE was one of the applications.

After successfully deleting MWSOEMON.EXE and CXTPLS.EXE, I regained some space, about 3% and my computer ran a little bit better. But I still got pop ups. Next, I saw where I could go in and turn on a firewall which would prevent pop-ups. Well, it worked for a day or two but the pop-ups returned and the computer seems worse than ever.

I can not figure out what has been loaded on my computer which is causing the problem to remove it. CXTPLS.EXE, keeps re-occuring on the computer. I am not sure where it is coming from but I suspect there is another program or two which still need to be removed. The problem is, I have no idea what they are.

:tazz: If any one has any ideas on how to permanently remove CXTPLS.EXE and stop the pop-ups, I would be extremely greateful! This is starting to really get on my nerves.

Thanks!

- Bob [email protected] ;)

Advertisements