Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD and web browser hangups (ntoskrnl.exe, Resolving Host)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Brennan C.

Brennan C.

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

So I've taken over my wife's old problematic laptop now that she's gotten herself a Chromebook (jealous), and I'm trying to figure out one of the outstanding issues. While browsing the internet (not just on Chrome) the browser sometimes freezes up with a Resolving Host error in the lower status bar; nothing will respond for a few minutes until it either continues to work normally or BSoDs with any variety of error messages (but always pointing to ntoskrnl.exe). There's no specific action or site that triggers the issue.

I've attached the last three crash dumps as saved from BlueScreenView. Here's the link to my system specs from Speccy. Windows is up-to-date. The only other thing I want to note is that we were having this issue before we upgraded from Windows 8.1, but I didn't post anything at the time because I thought there may have been a chance that the upcoming Win10 upgrade could help fix things. In other words, I don't think the problem is related to the upgrade. 

Please let me know if I can provide any other information to help. Thank you!

Attached Files

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

If you have recently installed any new software, check to see if it is properly installed. Check for updated drivers on the manufacturer's website.
To debug this error, use the special pool option of Driver Verifier. If this fails to reveal the driver that caused the error, use the Global Flags utility to enable the special pool by pool tag.

For information about the special pool, consult the Driver Verifier section of the Windows Driver Kit.

Also , Check this below articles;

http://windows.micro...e-screen-errors

http://www.windowswa...d_expool-error/

Brennan C.

Brennan C.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Thanks for your response; you'll have to break down your instructions a little more for me. I've never used Driver Verifier and I'm not too sure what it is. There is no recently installed software. Windows update has everything up to date.