Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Conduit Search Removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Browser being used is Internet Explorer

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
OK, I don't want to change it just yet and your wife might like it like it is.
See if you can follow the last set of instructions, this can be confusing sometimes but you'll get it.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

I see the save.  How do I get it to the proper folder.  I was pretty good at doing this with Windows XP.  Windows 8.1 has left me struggling. 

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Windows 8.1 has left a lot of people struggling, Ive never seen the operating system.

If you see the save click ok and can you just download it to the desktop. Once there then you can right click on it choose cut, navigate to here-> C:\Users\Susan\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\92N5C4OH and in there right click and paste. That will paste the fixlist in there.

Or
Just move FRST64 to the desktop go here C:\Users\Susan\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\92N5C4OH
find frst64, put your mouse over it right click choose cut.
Then on the desktop find an empty area right click and choose paste.
you will have moved FRST64 to the desktop.

FRST64 and fixlist have to be in the same location.... Either the desktop or that folder

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

saving files to your desktop.

IE.jpgInternet Explorer - Click the Tools menu in the upper right-corner of the browser.Tools.JPG Select View downloads. Select the Options link in the lower left of the window. Click Browse and select the Desktop and then choose the Select Folder button. Click OK to get out of the download options screen and then click Close to get out of the View Downloads screen.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Joe , Can you tell me how to set up a short cut to Windows Explorer?  I believe I could move the requested file if I could get Windows Explorer on my Desktop.

thanks!

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Would anything Here help.

Thanks
Joe :)

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Problem resolved! Thanks!!!

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
You're welcome Jay..

In this topic it was found best to resolve some of the issues via Telephone.

You usually get infected because your security settings are too low.

Here are a number of recommendations that will help tighten them, and which will contribute to making you a less likely victim:

Safe Computing Practices please read Here

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thanks
Joe :)