Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot stuck on aswrvrt.sys after Windows 10 to Windows 7 revert

Windows 7 desktop bsod Windows 10 Avast

• Please log in to reply

kajari

kajari

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

I posted this on the Avast forum but they had their tech guy on vacation and they guided me here so here's my original post from Avast forums:

Hi! After Windows 10 came out I installed it on my desktop, but noticed my graphics card was not supported so I went to Windows 10 setting and selected to return back to Windows 7. After what seemed to be completed revert my computer got stuck on infinite reboot loop. I can see all my files on the hard drive using Try Ubuntu usb-stick so the HDD isn't corrupt. After trying to start it in all ways possible(nothing worked) I saw in the safe mode boot log that the file my system hangs on is aswrvrt.sys. I have no clue how to continue from this. I have a laptop from which I can download programs to run on the desktop if needed. Thanks for your help!

I try my best to answer all the questions you have. I might have forgotten to mention someting so please ask freely! Thanks!

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

I think you mean for Essexboy!.

Ok this is OS forum instead you post in Malware forum--> computer won't boot-Malware related

kajari

kajari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

I think you mean for Essexboy!.

Ok this is OS forum instead you post in Malware forum--> computer won't boot-Malware related

Ok thanks, I'll post it there!