My name is Bruce1270
and I will be helping you with your malware problem.Please Note:
I am still in training and my fixes have to be approved by my instructor so there may be a slight delay in my replies. Look upon it as a good thing though in that you have two people looking at your problem. A few things before we get started.
- Please read all instructions carefully. If there is anything you do not understand please ask me first before doing anything.
- Please be patient. I am a volunteer who does this in my spare time so I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Please follow all instructions in the order given.
- Please do not install any other software unless advised. This may hinder the removal process.
- At the top of your post, please click on the "Follow this topic" button and make sure that the "Received notification" box is checked and set to "Instantly" This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to solve your problem faster.
- Please make sure you reply within 4 days to my responses, if there is no reply within 4 days, the topic will be closed and you will need to request the topic be reopened.
Please save or print off these instructions. Part of this fix may require you to be in safe mode where you will not be able to access the internet or my instructions!
I would strongly recommend you back up your personal data and folders before we begin.
Malware removal can be very long, complicated and may take multiple steps. I understand this may be frustrating but please stay with this topic until your machine is declared clean. The results will hopefully be very rewarding.
As we go along please tell me how the computer is running now. Please be as descriptive as possible e.g. I'm still getting web redirects, I am unable to access the internet etc.
OK. Let's move on.
First lets run a set of diagnostic logs so I can see what's going on.
Step1 - FRST scan
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Right click on the file and select run as administrator (if you don't have this option just double click the file to run it). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from (this should be your desktop).
- Please copy (CTRL + C) and paste (CTRL + V) the FRST.txt log back here.
- The first time the tool is run it generates another log Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe.
- Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
Note: Please do not attach any logs unless specifically requested. It's easier if you simply copy and paste them into your reply. It's OK if you have to use more than one post to do so.
Then I would like to see the malwarebytes log that you have ran to see what it has removed.
Step2 - Malwarebytes log
- Double click on Malwarebytes to open the application.
- Click on History
- Click on application logs.
- under the heading type, locate the latest log called Scan Log and double click to select it.
- In the next window that opens click Export then select Text file (.txt). Save this to your desktop. You can call the file MBAM.
- Copy and paste the entire contents of the report into your next reply.
Note: If you cannot find the log please do not do another scan.
Things for your next post:
- FRST.txt and Addition.txt