Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD (System_Service_Exception tcpip.sys)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Sixthdaemonfox

Sixthdaemonfox

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Lately my computer has been blue-screening randomly throughout the day (Though not always every day) and usually with different errors. After doing the basics of checking my drivers (Which are all up to date) and scanning for viruses my computer still BSOD's. So I finally looked up how to open .dmp files and come here posting the most recent one in hopes of a fix.Attached File  CrashDump3.TXT   7.1KB   480 downloads

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello Sixthdaemonfox  :welcome: ,

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION is one of misconfigured or outdated drivers.

Did you have updated drivers for your windows 10 pc?

A new operating system which has compatibility issues due to its young age — then it may be awhile before Microsoft responds with the proper Windows Update or the manufacturers make a Windows 10-optimized driver for your devices. Device drivers may not even be the problem. If your computer has been in fine working order up until now, then the cause of your problem could be a virus or a malfunctioning program.
Some antivirus suites, like Avira, have issues with newer editions of Windows, and if you think one of your new programs is causing the problem, do a search with your program name and Windows version. 

which Anti-virus you using?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Could you zip up the last 5 mini dumps (.dmp files) then upload and attach the zip file here so we can look at them?

Also, open Device Manager, make full screen then expand the sections I show in my screen capture, then grab the image and post here.

Devmgmt.jpg

Sixthdaemonfox

Sixthdaemonfox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The security software I use is Norton; though I have had Malwarebytes on my computer recently.

Here is the Minidumps: Attached File  Minidumps.zip   206.13KB   391 downloads

DeviceManager.png

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Dumps indicate Norton 360 (1) and Google Chrome (3) as possible failure causes.

Start by uninstalling Chrome. reboot and see if problem occurs. If not then you need to decide if you want to try the latest Chrome or move to a different browser.

You could also try removing Norton using the Norton removal Tool, then reboot and download and install the latest version if you want to stay with it, otherwise try a different AV program or use the built-in Windows Defender along with Malware Bytes

Sixthdaemonfox

Sixthdaemonfox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thank you for the help; I will act upon your suggestions and see what happens. I'll report back if anything does; if not then everything is fixed.