Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hibernation and StandBy

• Please log in to reply

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
i have a problem with my computer in the fact that 1 of them wont use the stand-by feature and the both of them will also not use the hibernate feature either, and it doesnt show the option of hibernating in the selection guide, what should i do

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Not all systems support hibernate. Are these systems that were user assembled, or prebuilt (i.e. Dell, HP, etc)?

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
the first computer that does not standby or hibernate user built and the second one which i dont know how to get into hibernation mode is pre-built buy HP

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
To enable hibernation, if supported:

1. Go to the Start Menu, then Control Panel

2. Click "Switch To Classic View" on left

3. Double-click "Power Options"

4. Click the "Hibernation" tab on top

5. Check "Enable Hibernation"

6. Then click "OK" and you're done! <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hibernate can be difficult to implement, unless fully supported by your computers motherboard and BIOS. Unless your system is a recent build it likely won't support it.

Are your standby problems on a Windows 98 computer? It's important to have ACPI enabled in BIOS before installing Windows. If not, see this article for changing your registry setting, click here.

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
noo they both are XP

and there waz no tab on the screen when i clicked it <_<

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
there was no tab in your power opions? If not most likely your pc will not support the hibernate feature. can you gave more info. on MB's we can check to see if they do.
<_<