Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is my Dell optiplex 745 refurb dead or faking it ....?

• Please log in to reply

mark67

mark67

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Firstly it started with the faulty memory boards so switched out two of them and installed two new ones together with working boards from a few yes ago. Then Started having thermal probs so it switched off and when turned back on it wouldn't repair and the screen content didn't fit the screen fully so rebooted And the fans were running twice the speed. Since Sunday it's now running fans fast when the power cable is attached and all I get from the screen now is No signal through PC and fans / fan runs fast with power button pushed.

First time using site.

Hope i posted in correct location...cheers.

Edited by mark67, 15 September 2015 - 03:21 PM.

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello mark67  :welcome: ,

What do you mean by fan running fast? :headscratch:  Did you hear noise? Also tell me that did you hear any beeps during start up of your pc?

mark67

mark67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Bleeping was down to the faulty memory boards so no more bleeping,,,,fans running at twice the speed they normally run at,,,,, the insides are fluff free.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Did you believe your processor is hot?

mark67

mark67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
All I get now is a speedy fan and nothing else

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

Excuse the interjection folks  :)

mark67

Couple of questions if I may;

Are you using the MBs integrated video chip or do you have an add on video card fitted.

There are 4 different models of the Optiplex 745, which do you have Mini tower, Desktop, Small form factor or Ultra small form factor.

Then Started having thermal probs so it switched off 

Can you tell us what happened exactly.

when turned back on it wouldn't repair and the screen content didn't fit the screen fully 

What wouldn't repair, Windows, what was being displayed on the screen at the time etc.