Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC zoomed in, but also zoomed out?

• Please log in to reply

udi d

udi d

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

My PC rebooted for windows updates, and then my screen got zoomed in some places, but also zoomed out in other places.

Please see the attached image ("desktop") - the icons on the desktop are huge, but the taskbar icons got smaller. on the other hand, the date & time etc font got bigger.

How to solve? my screen resolution is the recommended resolution. I tried to played with it (and also with the "Display" slide bar), but it only makes things bigger.

Attached Thumbnails

• desktop.jpg
  • screen resolution.png
  • display.png

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  1. For desktop icons: Right click the desktop >> select the view option >> then select small icons.
  2. click on desktop then whilst pressing ctrl, scroll the mouse wheel up or down to resize desktop icons.
  • For Taskbar: Right click the start menu >> select properties >> under the Taskbar tab check the box "uncheck use small icons"

Hopefully this is what you are referring to.

If this not works try a system restore to previous of windows update. If you choose restore please post a screen shot of system restore option.

To capture and post a screenshot;
Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Note: Quote taken from phillpower2