Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 pro NIGHTMARE, pics 4 ebay desperately need...

• Please log in to reply

penelopepony

penelopepony

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Been able to conquer & keep going solo, with just a lil research here & there for the last few yr.s, It's been like 4 yrs, since CRASH, but this week, 2, times...  UGG!!!  I read the topics & see everyone talking about SLOW pcs, well since moving to town, & getting off dial up, $5 garage sale laptops (Usually needing just power cords, & given my same sex counter parts just see electronics as over whelming, I do <3 me some of those over whelming boxes :D  My husbands saved $$$ in speeding tickets since, etc... + routers, etc.. out the gazoo, & I don't have near the smarts 90% of the ppl in here do... :D ).

TO THE POINT:  Sat, Sept  12, been plagued for weeks with a VERY SLOW pc.  Yes I know it's ANCIENT (But someone pd around $1,500 for that dell, ? 10 yr.s ago, but the lil yuppies lost the cord :D...  So, what to heck, I'll do a $5 gamble special  :D  given I don't game (FB if any).  I've gotten lazy, pc going slow, temps outside, making my area of the house up in temp...  bs of ebay buyers, ALL has had it's tow...But the DOUBLE crash in 3 days, taking with it, my latest pics, that had been edited ;( & it's not uncommon for me to take 100-200 pic's of EACH item.

I know I can go & get the pictures off my sd card, BUT, hundreds, & hundreds, not edited, + a good 100 of the latest are pics I took to help an elderly friend that REALLY scraps :D & probably lucky a few ticks were all that I pulled off me. :D

Sat. night,  I rebooted after taking some old pics & things off, & CRASH!!!  

Black screen, started stating something `to do with NTSF....  Hours & Hours, attempted anything & every thing....  Sunday morning, pretty much up, but something, again, after reinstalling win7, still can't connect to wifi in the hours, no sound on laptop, & had to start search for something to retrieve photos, so did, remembered I'd used EasUS...  Gave me over 9k pic. any picture ever to have crossed my screen.  After hours out in the Okla. heat for est. 500, I was desperate, so 1 by 1 started just attempting... some, & some wall paper backgrounds,

Come Sunday...CRASH...  Went back to Ease, but really believe I goofed even more...  So much retrieved... 

Pulled the hard drive out, attached it externally to another pc here at the house, it too needs to be reformatted, bought it from a cell store going out of business.  In addition, have another laptop that was a garage sale find, older 

I'm so LOST!!!  If I put it back in the laptop, I'm sure to get ???

My finances are shot :D my fundraising isn't doing very well after a week like this,

I've bee researching, & have seen SEVERAL post with REALLY simular issues, so I'm still trying to conquer it all myself behind the scenes, because I can see the experts are BUSY, BUSY, BUSY....  

has had me down a week...

Attached Thumbnails

• F file.JPG
  • F file.JPG

Edited by penelopepony, 17 September 2015 - 10:32 PM.

Advertisements

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts

Sounds like a problem with the hard disk. Follow the instructions here to run chkdsk.

• Follow sections 1 to 4
  • Ignore sections 5,6 and 7
  • Follow sections 8 to 11

penelopepony

penelopepony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Dealing w/   :tazz: this wkend, & challenge of squeezing the desktop into a cubby hole, fighting to get desktop cordless  :woot: fighting to get printer cordless & end the "Out of paper thing,"  :o  short order cook, maid & etc... :pepsi:  Stay on top, but failed at finding stuff 4 non-profit  :confused:  to feeding   :heart: horse :heart: & :heart: new lil donkey  :heart: training.  

Coming home to attempt :smashcomp:  fix on pc... hard drive & NOW look for my SD pic card I missed place in all my pc drama this week  :oops: (W/SD recovery, it has all my hundreds & hundreds of pics  :X). TY 4 your patience!!!

Edited by penelopepony, 21 September 2015 - 02:40 PM.

penelopepony

penelopepony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

TY for your patience, Well, back to the dreaded laptop repair, oddly, guess I tried so many things NOW when I open "J" file, it automatically goes to chkdsk & sadly, seems to go south for me...  It only wants to reformat :confused:

Tried to show copy of what it was giving buy I'm sure you've already seen 1 or 2...

TY  Penny

penelopepony

penelopepony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

:smashcomp:  Obtained another laptop, almost like it, but a bit smaller, w/a cracked screen, SO gambled that HD would work, basically believed there should be no reason for the pins to be different, & in the same box, was a new HD shell, so put the bad HD in it, & fixing it up, & should I get it up & going again, will possibly flip out.

Still As I told ya before  :bashhead:   :X I'm still attempting to repair the original, no .rush, but why not :D  Any help you can provide would be greatly & always appreciated.  TY  Penny