Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloads take a long time.

• Please log in to reply

BML

BML

• Pip
  • 2 posts

DocFletcher is shown on my desktop as taking 14 minutes to download. Is that normal?

Adblock is shown as taking nearly as long.  Is that normal?

A computer magazine suggests dumping Flash then the next news item I wanted to run demanded that I run with just that.  What should I do?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

DocFletcher is shown on my desktop as taking 14 minutes to download. Is that normal?

Adblock is shown as taking nearly as long.  Is that normal?

A computer magazine suggests dumping Flash then the next news item I wanted to run demanded that I run with just that.  What should I do?

1) Depends on the size of the file and what your download speed is from your Internet Service Provider.

2) Same answer.

3) In order to view content that requires Flash, will require Flash. Google's "Chrome" broswer has Flash built-in to the broswer and they keep it updated.

BML

BML

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

"In order to view content that requires Flash, will require Flash. Google's "Chrome" broswer has Flash built-in to the broswer and they keep it updated."  Many thanks for that.  I think that Flash was criticised because of security problems but if as you say Google keep it updated then that solves the problem.  By the way, DocFetcher was no use to mecause I found that although it could recover Outlook Express it does not recover Live Mail so I'm still looking for a Live Mail recovery application.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

You can find more info about Adobe's Flash player in the Google Chrome browser here on this Adobe page: https://helpx.adobe...._Google_Chrome_

As far as "Live Mail recovery application" goes, I haven't a clue. Hopefully someone that does will be along soon.

Edited by SpywareDr, 25 September 2015 - 04:27 PM.