Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Going from WiFi to Ethernet

• Please log in to reply

bearxox

bearxox

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My internet is going to be changing from an Ethernet connection to a wifi only modem, and I do not have any choice of modems. It is the small rectangular ones you use for cellular internet. I still need some Ethernet connections, for my phone and an older computer, and my TiVo. Is there a cheap box that converts from WiFi to Ethernet ports, and not the other way around? The ones I see are the old ones that go from Ethernet to WiFi, I will need the opposite.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Try looking for a "wifi bridge" with lan ports.

sour11

sour11

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Try looking for a "wifi bridge" with lan ports.

Care to explain a little more? Inside the networking settings?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

You ask "Is there a cheap box that converts from WiFi to Ethernet ports, and not the other way around?"

And I responded "Try looking for a "wifi bridge" with lan ports." https://www.google.c... with lan ports

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

If you click the link I posted above, it should lead you to a Google search page with a list of many helpful pages such as "Understanding Wireless LAN Bridges", "Everything you need to know about Wireless Bridging ...", "Shop for WiFi bridge with LAN ports" etc.