Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Games/ OCCT PSU test rebooting PC ( PSU Problem?)

• Please log in to reply

Eadan

Eadan

• Pip
  • 5 posts

As the title says my PC started rebooting during games, and after running many stress tests and following suggestions, I finally found a way to replicate the problem. When I run OCCT PSU stress test, my PC reboots within a second. It was unexpected since running Prime 95 together with Furmark didn't cause any reboots.

Anyway, do you think the issue is my PSU? I already have a new graphics card arriving within 10 days. How should I go from here to find the issue? My specs here:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Xhn9D3

Edited by Eadan, 24 September 2015 - 10:37 AM.

Advertisements

Eadan

Eadan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I underclocked my GPU and the OCCT PSU test doesn't seem to cause any reboots.

Stock -->             Gpu VCore:1.012V Core clock: 880 Memory Clock: 2100

Underclocked--> Gpu VCore: 0.95V  Core Clock:500 Memory Clock:1500

Btw GPU temperature with either setup doesn't go above 55C if you are worried about overheating.

What does it mean? Should I try running tests under different settings like CPU OC'ed and such? The software already saves plots of a wide variety of voltages/temperatures/clocks, as well as taking a screenshot showing all, so I can post them here if anyone is willing to take a look. Here is the screenshot for underclocked settings:http://imgur.com/PS6GmdD