Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Moving text messages from android to iphone

• Please log in to reply

rajagopal

rajagopal

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Hi,

I have a old samsung vibrant smartphone running android 2.2 (Froyo) from which I want to move messages into my brand new iphone 6s. Apple discussion forum says, there is no way to do this and recommends archiving text messages from android to view later using a pdf reader in iphone.

I am wondering if there is a reliable way to move my text messages from android 2.2 to ios 9 in iphone 6s? Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Advertisements

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

Hi rajagopal,

Apple's recently released Move to IOS Android app is meant to do that easily, but I doubt it'll work on such an old version of Android (Official requirements is Android

4.0 and up.)

From the Play Store you certainly won't be able to download it, but you could try installing the APK file on your Android, which you could get from here.

Fancygood

Fancygood

• Pip
  • 1 posts

You can search many useful tools on Google Chrome or Google Play store which can help you transfer data between Android and iPhone, such as Apowersoft Phone Manager, AirMore and so on.

betachild

betachild

• Pip
  • 2 posts

The Move to iOS has an over rating of 2.2, which is kind of surprise. I have tried to migrate my Samsung galaxy s5 to my new iphone 6s over ten times. Each time, the program stops working on the Samsung and it crashes. I believe it is at 44 or 45% each time. I am so frustrated right now, especially since it takes about 30 minutes for each try! GRRRRR! I had to turn around another solution on this and finally found out a great one by following this tutorial( transfer from android to iPhone), which works fine on both sides, it well worths the money and save me  a lot of time setting the new phone.

rajagopal

rajagopal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

thank you very much..

Kyl Federer

Kyl Federer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

If you want to transfer the messages from your android phone to your iPhone then in that case, it is possible with the help of Android Data Transfer. This application software would help you to transfer the massage from your android phone to iPhone or other phone or PC easily. For more details visit:

androiddata-recovery.com/phone-phonetransfer.php

AnnieChow

AnnieChow

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I think you can use a  data transfer tool,

which can be helpful, the data between different operation systems can not be transfered directly and easily.

Hope this phone transfer tool can help you.

transfer sms from android to iphone.

Edited by AnnieChow, 20 June 2016 - 03:52 AM.

cokolpe

cokolpe

• Pip
  • 1 posts

"Move to iOS" is free and convenient tool to move data from Android to iPhone, when we need switch to a new device. There are many manufacturer tools or third party phone transfer software can help.

For contacts, Google synchronisation,the same with itunes or outlook synchronisation . For text messages, you can download sms backup and restore apps or directly try some transfer programs.

Edited by cokolpe, 11 July 2016 - 07:57 PM.

Dwaaty

Dwaaty

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Samsung Transfer is a tool that allows transfer data from phone to phone. Thus, you can easily transfer contacts, music, video, photos, notes etc. between two mobile phone . It is an easy-to-use tool, can clone android data to iphone with a lot less hassle. This software supports various versions of Android, from Android 2.3/ 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4.

Lisa White

Lisa White

• Pip
  • 1 posts

As far as i know, you can use a mobile transfer app to transfer data between android phone and iPhone, google it to know more, most of them are trial version.

Edited by Lisa White, 02 August 2016 - 09:13 PM.

Advertisements

Holidaycool

Holidaycool

• Pip
  • 1 posts

To transfer sms from Samsung to iPhone 6s, you'll have to make sure that you have:
-A PC, Android and iPhone
-USB cables to connect Android and iPhone to the PC
-The latest version of iTunes installed on your PC (12, preferably)
-Android SMS to iPhone Transfer Tool

Jihosoft Phone Transfer is a powerful application that enables you to transfer text messages from Android to iPhone with just a few block clicks. It works perfectly with all iPhone and Android devices. No matter you used a Samsung, HTC, LG, or Sony Xperia, this software will always meet your need to copy messages to your iPhone 5/5S/6/6 Plus/6S/6S Plus. Besides messages, Jihosoft Phone Transfer lets you transfer contacts, calendar, photos, videos, music and other data between Android and iPhone.

Ksbdcsty

Ksbdcsty

• Pip
  • 1 posts

In my opinion ,to transfer messages to iPhone ,you need use a android data transfer tools to complete this task ,you'd better go to the offical website to install , to prevent these data from being lost , and connect  your  android and iPhone to the computer once the installation is overed , you can easy enter the phone by using this tools,it can get you a preview , you can choose SMS you want to transfer and start to transfer , when you has transfered SMS successfully , you will can find this tool can not only empower your to transfer mesasges , but also the other phone data are supported ,

Such as transfer contacts to iPhone /computer in a mory easy way ,

Edited by Ksbdcsty, 30 November 2016 - 09:46 PM.

tobebetteralice

tobebetteralice

• Pip
  • 1 posts

How to transfer data from Android to iPhone, I think you can try this free trail version  Mobile Transfer tool, it is a tool can help you transfer text messages, photos, videos and more other files.

Lmater

Lmater

• Pip
  • 3 posts

As i see, there are lot of solution for us to transfer SMS from Android to iPhone , but who can make sure that this transfer tool at run time without any danger

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

As i see, there are lot of solution for us to transfer SMS from Android to iPhone , but who can make sure that this transfer tool at run time without any danger

No one really can. (see the spammers/product_promoters that this thread has drawn?...It makes it even more suspicious.)

That's why I have advised using the official Move to IOS Android app, which is from Apple themselves and is obviously safe.