Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to recover MySQL database with new MySQL and XBMC installation

Best Answer govordguver , 30 September 2015 - 04:29 AM

You have many options!!! If you don't get to connect on database, you will have to restore it. The basic restore command for restoring a full database from a disk backup image is db2 RESTORE DATABA... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

maxlorenc8

maxlorenc8

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hoping someone can help with my problem.

I recently lost my Windows 7 installation which had XBMC Eden and MySQL installed. When I say lost the installation, Windows will no longer boot and Windows repair isn't working but that's a separate issue, however all my data is accessible. Whilst I wasn't happy that I couldn't recover Windows 7 I wasn't too concerned as I had been working on a parallel installation of Windows 8 and this has accelerated my migration plans.

I need some help with recovering my database, as I don't want to scrape everything from scratch.

I have tried the following steps:
- Installed same MySQL version into Win 8, then copied the data files from previous installation program files\mySQL\data
- Installed XBMC Eden, then copied previous Users\appdata\roaming\xbmc into Win 8 equiv preserving sources and advanced settings, db files etc
- Run XBMC - no libraries are present

When I check the database using the SQL Command line (show databaseswink.png, myvideos60 is present but the row count is 0, so obviously the data from the previous implementation is not in the table. How do I get it in?

Or is there a better way to do this? Bear in mind I no longer have access to the previous MySQL server, but do have access to the data files.

Thanks

Advertisements

govordguver

govordguver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
✓  Best Answer

You have many options!!!
If you don't get to connect on database, you will have to restore it.
The basic restore command for restoring a full database from a disk backup image is
db2 RESTORE DATABASE dbname FROM directory TAKEN AT timestamp
To restore from TSM use:
db2 RESTORE DATABASE dbname USE TSM TAKEN AT timestamp
The timestamp represents the time the database
was backed up (it's the timestamp you see when the backup completes and
it also exists in the recovery history file and for backups to disk you
can see it in the filename or path)
download https://www.restoret...sqlrestore.html
or
http://qa.site5.com/...up-and-restore/

sam smith

sam smith

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

To repair MySQL Database you can use Several tactics like reconfiguring SQL Server or can recover the ibdata file from backup, but if the database can't be fixed manually then you can go for MySQL Database Recovery.