Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC won't boot. (Solved)

Best Answer Meow85 , 01 October 2015 - 12:13 PM

Meow85.I sympathise with your disappointment with no boot.   Your parts look compatible, so a basic test is needed to see if you have a short somewhere.Switch off the PSU.... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Meow85

Meow85

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi everyone! Recently I bought all my parts for my first budget gaming pc build.
I connected everything according to the manual etc, and then tried to press the start button, when I did the pc did not start up, instead all the fans moved for .5 seconds and stopped. The power supply fan not even rotating fully once.
So I assumed the issue was the PSU, I disconnected all my PSU cables and tried reconnecting them, hoping to see if I made a mistake at one point. I reconnected everything and tried again; it didn't work again.
Does anybody know what could be wrong, or what I could be doing wrong?

My pc specs are:
asus m5a78l-m/usb3 MOBO
radeon r9 380 GPU
fx 8320 CPU
8gb ripjaws
EVGA 600w bronze PSU
nzxt source 210 case
seagate 1tb hdd

I'm quite disapointed as this is my first pc build and I was very excited to finally be able to play games, and then to see your pc doesn't work really sucks.
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts

:welcome: Meow85.

sympathise with your disappointment with no boot.   Your parts look compatible, so a basic test is needed to see if you have a short somewhere.

Switch off the PSU.

Remove the GPU and RAM.

Disconnect all cables (including those to the case buttons) except,

The ATX power connectors, (24 pin EATXPWR and the 4 pin ATX12V) page 23 of your manual.

Check that the CPU fan is securely seated to the CPU fan header. page 9 of your manual.

Switch on the PSU.  Does a standby LED come on?   page 5 of your manual. If yes,

With a small screwdriver, briefly short out the 2 pins on the PWRSW, page 25 of your manual.

The PSU and CPU fans should spin up and keep going???

Switch off the PSU and please report back.

Meow85

Meow85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome: Meow85.

sympathise with your disappointment with no boot.   Your parts look compatible, so a basic test is needed to see if you have a short somewhere.

Switch off the PSU.

Remove the GPU and RAM.

Disconnect all cables (including those to the case buttons) except,

The ATX power connectors, (24 pin EATXPWR and the 4 pin ATX12V) page 23 of your manual.

Check that the CPU fan is securely seated to the CPU fan header. page 9 of your manual.

Switch on the PSU.  Does a standby LED come on?   page 5 of your manual. If yes,

With a small screwdriver, briefly short out the 2 pins on the PWRSW, page 25 of your manual.

The PSU and CPU fans should spin up and keep going???

Switch off the PSU and please report back.

Thank you for the help, I removed everything including the cpu and started from scratch; it turned on and i could install the drivers no problem. I must have missed something the first time.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts

Gday.

You are welcome :thumbsup: .   Thanks for letting us know you solved the problem, could just have been a plug not properly seated.

Good luck.