Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After wipe and reinstall still having problems Open Candy and possible

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
With MBAM there is no real need to keep it resident as the elements that it looks for are covered by the Avast webshield. You can set Avast to detect PUP's like Opencandy et al as well

Go to Settings > General
Place a tick in "Scan for Potentially Unwanted Programmes (PUP's) "
Place a tick in "Silent /Gaming mode"
pups.JPG

Furthermore if you enable hardened mode Aggressive then any unknown programmes will ask permission to run. You can either block or set an exception to allow normal running

(different screenshot as I am currently running the bets )
Capture.JPG

If you have Avast running resident, cryptoprevent added and unchecky running then in reality you are well protected with Windows 10. Anything else is just taking up needless computing cycles :)

Please feel free to ask any questions as once you are up and running I guess you will want to stay that way :)

Advertisements

stormrider22

stormrider22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Okay let me ask you two things about Avast:

avast_exclusion.PNG

Is this exclusion page correct? I haven't touched it at all.

It seems to me some of these files are the ones we should watch the closest.

The same question for Network.

avast_friend_networks.PNG

I believe the first is standard loopback?

The second I have no clue.

The third - I have no idea about that one either.

The fourth is my standard IPv4 range, correct? So that should be trusted?

The fifth - unknown

The sixth and seventh are IPv6 standard? I dunno.

Thanks again!

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Aye all the network addresses shown are for the router and any other computers that are or may be on your private network the ::1 is related to your Host file

The exclusions are good as they are files that can be written to or read and would not required to be scanned' However, they are not ones that should be allowed to execute without being checked first. The settings are default and good :)

This is my current network settings .. Again the new beta so it may look a tad different

Capture.JPG

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.