Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network HP 2540 Stopped Printing from The Computer, Still Prints from

• Please log in to reply

tanyae

tanyae

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

My HP 2540 network printer used to work with my new Windows 10 computer just fine, scanning, printing and everything, but I had to re-position both the computer and the printer, so I disconnected the cable from the printer to move it, and once I connected it back, it simply stopped printing from the computer. The computer still see the printer, says that it sends to print, but then nothing is happening, and the queue is still empty, no documents in it. I've tried everything imaginable, un-installed and re-installed both printers and the drivers like 10 times, made sure that the bits of the software were properly deleted before reinstalling, but nothing seems to help. The printer shows up every time in hardware, and even in Advanced System Settings (I've checked it, too), it scans fine, it would print the internal test page (but not the other test page), it would also print from Iphones, but it does not print from the computer. I've got to fix that, cannot afford not having a working printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!!!!

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Still having issues?