Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How open crashed email and address book contacts?

• Please log in to reply

freelosterman

freelosterman

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a .pst file from Outlook 2003 but no outlook 2003 installation (the mainboard died and I have the hard drive). I have a new computer with Win8 and Outlook 2007 installed. I can open the .pst to see old mail and contacts but I cannot see the address book for e-mail addresses. I want the contacts moved into the Outlook 2007 as well as the address book. How can I do that without being able to export using Outlook 2003?

Advertisements

silviahasop

silviahasop

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have Outlook 2010 version After looking at the manual version of the fix you sent me it scared me off trying, just tried the button fix, as I am not that well versed on computer things and it got a bit complicated for my head. I have recently done two things that may or may not be the cause of losing some of address book pst files (1) upgrading to windows 8.1 pro from win 8. (2) I copied my files to save onto external hard drive in case of loss (Ironically). Thanks for your suggestion about technical help, but I fear to expensive for me many thanks for your time for now anyway
http://www.addressbo...storetools.com/
See if Repair Tool can fix the problem..........

http://www.bleepingc...-book-contacts/