Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer takes a very long time to load anything

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

tennisboy

tennisboy

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Hi guys,

I have a laptop computer that was upgraded to windows 10 about 2 months ago.

Every 30 minutes or so my laptop lags and it takes a very long time to do ANYTHING. I try to close programs through ctrl + Alt + delete and going to task manager but even that takes a long time (All I see is the circle loading image). I can't shutdown my computer unless I press and hold the power button (I was told to stop doing this). The only thing I can do is move my mouse pointer but if I click on anything it won't open until 10 minutes or so passes by...

What I realized is all of this started when I updated my Avast antivirus and windows 10 did an update (This was both done 2 days ago). I uninstalled my avast antivirus BUT the problem still occurs so I don't know if it was the windows update?

I could really use some help guys... this constant lag in everything is SO frustrating!

I apologize in advance I am not very tech savy

Thank you!

Edited by tennisboy, 04 October 2015 - 12:16 PM.

Advertisements

shirlj0722

shirlj0722

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm having the same problem only without the anti virus issue. Also, after  a period of non use my laptop goes off, but doesn't shut down. It won't come back on unless I force a shut off and then restart it. Someone please help us. The blue circle still "thinking" even as I type this.    

Thank you