Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor in Demo Mode

• Please log in to reply

Jdpowell

Jdpowell

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Hello, I have a Dell S2440L monitor.

Yesterday there was a power outage, apparentley too long for my APS.  When I turned the computer back on the monitor was flickering.  I unplugged it from the video card and plugged it back in.  That stopped the flickering but now the monitor is in Demo Mode.  I have tried the Dell web site.  All it says is hit the power button.  That does not work.  Calling technical support was a waste of time.

The monitor is working, it's just in Demo Mode.

Help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

try this, disconnect all power from the monitor, disconnect all leads from monitor to pc, press power button to discharge any residual power in monitor, now plug in the power lead on the monitor and start the monitor, press and hold both button 2 and 4 for 5 seconds to turn demo mode on, once it's running press power button to stop it. once it's not in demo mode now connect the pc, power on the pc and see if the problem as gone.

the demo mode overlay happens when a pc is connected to a monitor while it's set for/ running in demo mode from my understanding so if the above didn't stop the demo mode logo appearing over the top of your pc video then i'm afraid it's probably a monitor fault so it'll be back to dell to get them to sort it out.

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 07 October 2015 - 12:26 PM.

Jdpowell

Jdpowell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Bingo!   That worked.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

:spoton:

:popcorn: