Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does Apple have a way of safeguarding against accidentally sending per

Compromised personal info.

• Please log in to reply

lindatolbert

lindatolbert

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I own a MacBook Air.  This morning I scanned some information onto my desktop, put it in a new folder, and attached the folder to an email which I sent to the intended recipients.  This afternoon, I checked the email that I sent and opened the attachment and to my surprise noticed that in addition to the scanned documents that I sent, all of my personal info. located under Finder in Favorites section was also sent.  I frantically contacted my husband, forwarded the email to him, he checked it on his PC at work and iPhone, and reported that only the scanned documents show up.  But when I checked the email that I forwarded to him on my Mac, it still shows all of the other personal information. I also, forwarded the email to another email account that I own and again my personal info shows up in addition to the scanned documents.  I'm perplexed by this and wonder why the personal info. shows up on the emails that I open using my Mac but when my husband opens them up on his PC and iPhone the personal info. doesn't show up.  I was wondering (HOPING) if Apple has a way to safeguard and prevent this kind of thing from happening, and that this is the reason why my personal  info. does not show up on my husband's PC and iPhone.  I hope this makes sense.   Can you please confirm whether I am correct in my assumption?  This is urgent, as I'm wondering if I shouldn't start changing all of my passwords and securing other personal information.

Thanks,

Linda

Advertisements