Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fake Bluescreen/Explorer.exe crashing...

• Please log in to reply

Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the well known fake Bluescreen background, and my explorer.exe is constantly crashing, only to restart itself to crash again... An endless cycle.
I can only run programs using the taskmanager of Windows XP, so I fear I cant download hijackthis or any other program. I have relatively recently (last week) updated versions of Adaware and AntiVir, however. I already ran both of them, but to no avail.
There are several new processes in the process list (which I wil post tomorrow, but its not easy as I can access Inet only via Knoppix, thus having to copy the process list by hand..), which restart as soon as I kill them (They get a new PID each time).

Any suggestions/Ideas?

Advertisements