Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card Problems :(

• Please log in to reply

Sillysod

Sillysod

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi, i recently bought an Nvidia MSI FX5900 XT card, which the previous owner had flashed with 5950 ultra bios. He lost the floppy which had the original bios on it, and so i downloaded one from www.mvktech.net and successfully flashed it with nvflash.

The monitor posts fine at first, but shows artifacts when the windows logo appears (two lines on the window). Windows then opens windows and is fine visually, but my main problem is, when i install the latest drivers, windows either crashes and reboots in the later stages of installation, or when i boot into windows after successfully installing the drivers there's a blank screen like the computers been turned off and the monitor light flashes. Its not overheating or anything.

What could cause this, is it the bios, or maybe physical damage etc??

Thanks for your help :tazz:

P.s. i have a Nvidia FX5200 running fine ulternatly.

PC :-

Athlon64 3000+
ABIT KV8 Pro
512MB PC2100 RAM
80GB HD
DVD+RW/R
PNY FX 5200 / MSI FX5900 XT
450 Watt PSU
Zorro Case

Edited by Sillysod, 15 June 2005 - 08:41 AM.

Advertisements

Sillysod

Sillysod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I will post some screen shots of the artifacts tommorrow if needed.

Any suggestions at all will be greatly appreciated!! :tazz:

Sillysod

Sillysod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Anyone? :tazz: