Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What happened to our video?

• Please log in to reply

brettt777

brettt777

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

The other day my wife and I had our Grandson out at the airport where I work. There was a really cool jet taking off and the little guy got to get up close and personal. I had him on my shoulders as we stood by the runway and the jet went right by us as it took off and then came back around and did a flyover right down the runway. Pretty cool, and my Grandson was thrilled. My wife was using my LG G2 to video the whole thing. When we went to look at the video, we found an 830mb mp4 file, but it won't play. When I try to play it on my G2, it says "Cannot play video. Sorry, this video is not valid for streaming to this device." What happened? What is it telling me? I am wondering if my wife inadvertently uploaded the file somewhere else when she was trying to video...? It was a bright, sunny day and the display is very hard to see but she did say that at one point it said something about "Verizon" when she was trying to pause it or stop it or some such thing. I downloaded what I thought was the mp4 file to my laptop to look at it but it won't play there either, even with VLC media player which will usually play anything. It says "VLC can't recognize the input's format."
Is there any way I can do something to this file to get it to work or maybe find out if it got uploaded somewhere else?

Advertisements