Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows shutdown

• Please log in to reply

ross_s_cfc

ross_s_cfc

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
i just formated my laptop and re-installed the xp home os downloaded all your recomended anti virus and ad ware recomendations , thanks by the way . but now every 5 minutes i get a warning msg informing me that windows will close in 60 sec's any clue wat i need to do here

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Did you install the firewall and av program BEFORE you had an internet connection??

If you didn't, chances are you were infected with the blaster or sasser virus the second you connected !!

Murray

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
To stop the computer from shutting down, when that screen pops up, click Start>Run, and type shutdown -a, and hit enter. It will cancel the shutdown and you can work on cleaning the worm from your computer.

SkyHi

SkyHi

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
If you're getting the popup that's attacked to this post, then:

Yes, you were hit by the blaster worm. It's not been around much lately, as the programmer was sentenced to jail, for I think ten years.

Here is a description

And here's the removal tool, from synmantec

Hope this helped you.

-SkyHi

Attached Thumbnails

• systemshutdown.jpg