Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer doesn't recognize printer hooked by USB

• Please log in to reply

krkjk

krkjk

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

I am running a computer with MS Vista and trying to hook up a printer (HP 6310) and it will not recognize it when I try to hook it up with USB.  The USB hubs work for anything else.  I have tried running the trouble shooter with no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.  :D

Advertisements

nordvark

nordvark

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Try connecting the printer directly to the computer with a known good cable. Do not use a hub.

krkjk

krkjk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.  I did try to hook directly to the computer with a brand new cable (bought after the old one didn't work).  There has previously been a printer hooked to this computer.  When you get to the point during installation that it says connect the cable -- it does nothing.  I am using a download of the software from the HP site.  Any help will be appreciated.