Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU and Memory Usage VERY HIGH

• Please log in to reply

samdcam

samdcam

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

I just did a small form factor build. I've been having terrible issues with installing the drivers from the mobo, and setting up windows 7 after installation (updates take forever....being stuck searching for them basically), everytime I open a browser my cpu and RAM usage go through the roof, averaging at about 80-100% cpu usage and 3-4gb of ram. I expected this new clean install/build to be soooooooooooooooooooooooo easy...but no! If anyone can help that would be amazing!

My specs are: i5-4690 3.5, 64 bit windows 7 installed on samsung 250gb ssd, asrock h97m-itx/ac mobo, 16gb ram, geforce 960gtx gpu

Advertisements

samdcam

samdcam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Anyone? This is really frustrating as I have spent a lot of money upgrading my pc. It's basically not usable when I run any application like firefox, chrome, internet explorer, dropbox, skype, installing updates...anything.