Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer going slow motion, then crashing!

• Please log in to reply

KingChubby

KingChubby

• Pip
  • 4 posts

My computer seems to have a problem where it goes slow motion then crashes. Sometimes I can hear everything that's happening, sometimes in slow motion and sometimes it repeats .3 seconds of audio over and over. 

I've formatted and installed everything once, but it didn't seem to help.

This also only happens when I'm doing something, like playing a game.

Hope you can help and thanks for your time!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 24,053 posts

:welcome:    KingChubby,

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, the Ram (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

KingChubby

KingChubby

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I have a costum built computer which is 5 years old now. 

I have 16gb DDR4 ram

A Nvidia GTX 560 ti GPU

Intel Core i7-2600 3.4ghz

silver power sp-ss620m 620w psu

I recently removed the GPU to clean the computer, and the problems started then. I checked all the fans and they're all running, and nothing seems to be overheating. 

Might there be a problem with my motherboard? It's a Asus P8P67 LX.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 24,053 posts

Polite reminder;

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

It may be a pure coincidence that this happened after the recent GPU removal.

Other than it being 5 years old and therefore 3 years out of warranty there is nothing wrong with the quality of the PSU, the prime suspect for behaviour such as this.

For you to do;

Tell us how exactly you cleaned out the computer.

Post Speedfan and HWMonitor screenshots for, for most accurate results do some gaming first, details below;

Download Speedfan and install it.  Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.  The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.

If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

speedfan.png

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Download then run HWMonitor and post a screenshot so that we have a comparison to the Speedfan results, details from here

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

KingChubby

KingChubby

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So I couldn't get a good session because it kept going all slow motion then crashing. No bluescreens though. 

http://imgur.com/a/dP9aP

These are my values straight AFTER crash. Can't get good values before the crash happens.

I cleaned it with canned air while holding the fans so they wouldn't break. I also did some q-tiping on the fans.

I'm really just considering buying a new computer at this point.

Thanks for the answers!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 24,053 posts

Nothing wrong with those readings but not having any crash dumps suggests that this is hardware as opposed to software related, have you checked that crash dumps are enabled, see below;

Courtesy of Resplendence;

To configure your system to write out crash dumps in case of a system error, take the following steps: 
Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Startup and Recovery, click Settings (or Startup and Recovery). For best results, under write debugging information select full memory dump

You have 16GB of Ram, is it 4 X 4GB or 2 X 8GB sticks, have you tried booting with only a single stick in the memory slot that is nearest to the CPU, if not, please try each stick, make a note of the results and let us know.

KingChubby

KingChubby

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So I've tried both my ram-sticks. They don't seem to be the culprit here. The computer also does not detect anything unusual when I crash. It just says my computer shut down unexpectedly. I don't know what to do any more.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 24,053 posts

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 24,053 posts

Not heard back from you KingChubby, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.