Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System won't BOOT, black screen!

HDD CPU GPU Black screen BOOT problem

• Please log in to reply

uljan1

uljan1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a hard time understanding what's happening with my Laptop (N56VZ)!. After I did a format with an 
external hard drive (Win10) and finished process successfully. I finally restarted and entered BIOS menu to set it up to default setting in order to boot from regular order!. After I hit save settings my computer didn't start anymore.

when I press power button I see keyboard light to turn on. Then HDD Led runs for 2 sec and turns off instantly and I can see only a black screen.

P.S I tried to swipe RAM modules HDD removed and put a new one! but same result!

Please help!, what might be the main problem(s) causing this situation?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

:welcome:   uljan1,

Are you still able to access the BIOS.

Does the power or battery charging LED light up when the AC adaptor is connected to the notebook.

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.