Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

burner problem

• Please log in to reply

ramrod

ramrod

• Pip
  • 1 posts
today i tried using nero to make a data cd but everytime i put a blank cd in, and try to use nero my system crashes. but when i put a program cd or video game dvd in it reads it with no problem and plays, is it possible to burn out your burner?

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I need to know a couple of things first:

Are you able to open up and run nero in the first place?
Will the program succesfully run and you can browse through all the options without incident?
Has nero burned succesfully in the past, and if so, what if anything has changed (ie. have you installed new drives, messed with the registry?)

It sounds like the problem might lie within NERO, if your burner works fine with another burnign program (you can download a demo of say, Roxio or somthing) than just try re-installing nero or another burning program. answer those questions and I'll get back to you.

--Chris