Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen of death - tcpip.sys

• Please log in to reply

Cagliostro13

Cagliostro13

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello guys,

First of all Im sorry If Im posting my question onto wrong subforum, I should have take more time to find a better place to post it, but Im kind in a hurry right now, and frankly Im kinda pissed off. Like 2-3 months ago my computer start having this BOTD - tcpip.sys shutdowns. I have an old computer, and an XP version of windows on it. Frankly Im using it only to watch some movies on it, and few games of League of Legends :) I was thinking of buying a new machine, but I really have no real need for it, and actually I need all money I can get right now so if problem can be solved this way it would help me big time :)

In the attachment Im sending my c:\windows\minidump data, maybe someone can find a problem there.

Thank you once again

Attached Files

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   Cagliostro13,

A tcpip.sys crash covers many things so doesnt give us much of a clue atm, as a starting point please upload any dumps using the method below; 

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

Cagliostro13

Cagliostro13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello, I already did this thing, but added minidump files into .rar file, that doesnt work ? 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Sorry but I am unable to open your dump files as I don't use rar and need them done the way I included in my reply #2

Cagliostro13

Cagliostro13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Here it is :D

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Checked out many of your dump files and up until October 14th every one that I checked was associated with League of Legends, the three dated on the 19th October implicated PROCESS_NAME:  rundll32.exe, this could be a problem within Windows but at the same time it could be malware related, the latter is something that only the malware removal staff can help you with.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

Cagliostro13

Cagliostro13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thank you sir, here is the link:

http://speccy.pirifo...f3k32YSECRMqyPN

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3

Computer type: Mini Tower

Installation Date: 16.3.2014 1:15:14
Windows Security Center
Firewall: 
Disabled
Antivirus: 
Disabled

Windows Update
AutoUpdate: 
Disabled**

Can I ask if XP is a legit installation, if yes, see below;

You have no Anti Virus or Firewall protection and no XP updates shown to be installed** so before doing anything else here can you please refer to the GTG malware redirection text below;

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Good luck and you are welcome btw  :)

** Since support for XP ended Disabled is the correct setting.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not heard back from you Cagliostro13, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.