Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

adding identities in outlook

• Please log in to reply

anil510

anil510

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello All,

I have an issue in adding the identities to the outllok. I am new to outlook and I have been using Kmail in linux. In kmail we could easily [bleep] identities. I will expalin this.

If I configure an email address [email protected] in the kmail then I can sent email with from address being [email protected]. Now if we want to sent a message with the from address as [email protected] , then we do not seed to configure the that particular email address in the Kmail. Just add an identity for [email protected] and during composing of email we could choose the from address which the email should use form the two addresses.

Please take note that int eh above situation the email [email protected] is the only one that is configured inthe Kmail. So if we sent email with the from header as [email protected] it will use the mydomain.com 's SMTP server and the mail will be sent as of from [email protected].

Can this be acheived in OUTLOOK. If anyone knows please help me out.

RFegards,
Anil

Edited by anil510, 14 June 2005 - 05:33 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can set Outlook to collect mail from anywhere if you have the pop and smtp details.

You can compose an email then select the account to send it from, is this what you need to do