Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware or Malware, getting bad, personal information could be comprom

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Follow option 2 on this page http://www.tenforums...ndows-10-a.html

Advertisements

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Before I did this and after I did this, after I log in I have no screen, a black screen with a working mouse. I have to forcefully restart my computer. This is occurring more frequently and my computer ends up freezing where some things do not open until nothing opens not even with control alt delete then I have to force turn off and on again, then again to get a screen. Can I not just do a reformat and save my data on my external drive, won't that fix everything?

Also system restore failed. I'm on my tablet as things are occurring to my computer.

Seems with the way things are going I may never get it to restart again and lose everything.

Edited by Destiny000, 22 January 2016 - 08:08 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK back up all your data a to a safe medium.... I.e.CD or DVD or USB

Then download the media creation tool from MS http://go.microsoft..../?LinkId=691209to your desktop

Ensure that there is a USB plugged in to your computer.

Then follow the steps as outlined here under option 2 http://www.tenforums...o-download.html

This will then download and prepare the USB stick with a full copy of windows 10

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Do you know of any good download programs? I'm running into the problem of browsers thinking the file has been completed when it has not and then having to start all over again. :(

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Definitely sounds as though there is a system problem

Is it the media creation tools that is not downloading ?

http://filehippo.com...wnload_manager/

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Just the ISO, it's so big. I've actually always had that problem with big files in any browser on any computer.

Thanks.

Edited by Destiny000, 23 January 2016 - 04:27 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK so the media tool is downloading OK ... Could you create the USB on a different computer ? Or is it an ISP problem

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I ment i had downloaded the tool itself ok, sorry bout that. I downloaded the ISO instead. Is there a way to use that with USB? As long as instructions are given I can use cmd.

Edited by Destiny000, 24 January 2016 - 03:23 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Download the following programme to your desktop :

Rufus

Insert the USB stick Then run Rufus
Ensure that the partition scheme is as shown
RufusISO.JPG

Select the ISO file on the desktop via the ISO icon.

Press Start Burn
Once done you will have a bootable USB

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Ok Finally got new Windows 10 installed. Windows update wouldn't work right off the bat, however the auto fix windows update seems to have done something, so we shall see. Still have the Ethernet problem, is randomly detected, and other times isn't shown at all, when its not shown at all I cannot even preform an auto network fix on it, however if it disconnects when it was originally detected, I can then preform the fix. With Windows 10 being on this laptop now, do you think the updating the BIOS could fix some issues? I have Asus KK50J.

Another big problem. I have barely any programs on here and its already saying I have only 25.5gb left of 270gb 0.0 And when I try to put small files on from my external harddrive it's seeing them as HUGE files when they are only kb's. What the heck is going on?

I just found a folder in my computer called windows old that appeared to contain everything that was on the last installed version. 0.o This is strange as when i installed I told it to keep nothing.

Also that download program you directed me to last, it handles torrents I see, how do you import partially downloaded torrents when you no longer have a torrent client or do you need a torrent client first?

Update: Windows update does not download but sits forever at downloading. Using this program here: https://gallery.tech...-Agent-d824badc it was unable to stop the update service and therefore unable to do what it needed to do.

Microsoft Edge is now crashing every time it is opened or just freezes until it crashes.

After doing a boot in safe mode then in regular mode files i had transfered disappeared from their respective folders.

I was able to finally delete the old computer folder and freed up space. 

Edited by Destiny000, 25 January 2016 - 12:54 AM.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

Another big problem. I have barely any programs on here and its already saying I have only 25.5gb left of 270gb 0.0 And when I try to put small files on from my external harddrive it's seeing them as HUGE files when they are only kb's. What the heck is going on?

I just found a folder in my computer called windows old that appeared to contain everything that was on the last installed version. 0.o This is strange as when i installed I told it to keep nothing.

You can use disc cleanup to remove all the upgrade clutter.  Details are here, run as administrator http://www.tenforums...ndows-10-a.html

Edge is not really a proper browser yet, I have had many problems with it, so I am using IE instead :)

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Thanks.

My laptop still cannot even see my routers wireless WPA2-Personal 5GHZ connection and the Ethernet is still not functioning normally.

Windows update is not working correctly and also isn't installing updates correctly when it gets some updates.

Also that download program you directed me to last, it handles torrents I see, how do you import partially downloaded torrents when you no longer have a torrent client or do you need a torrent client first?

Know any good extensions I should put on Opera to keep me more safe online?

Edited by Destiny000, 25 January 2016 - 10:29 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

Windows update is not working correctly and also isn't installing updates correctly when it gets some updates.

What error are you getting ? As a fresh install should not give these problems

Not overly sure as I do not use torrents

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Should I update the OSD and to any of the BIOS here?: http://www.asus.com/...pDesk_Download/

Know any good extensions I should put on Opera to keep me more safe online?

Windows update is being funky. I do not have error codes to give right now as it keeps going to saying updates installed when majority have not and other updates disappearing. So when I get something useful I shall post it. -edit- got something.also found out the "more information" option is not added yet says microsoft. woopy.

For the "My laptop still cannot even see my routers wireless WPA2-Personal 5GHZ connection and the Ethernet is still not functioning normally."

What should I do for that and the Ethernet thing? Is it something tech fixable or do you think it's purely hardware related? The ethernet trouble didn't start however until that crazy pop up event though.

Also how do I get Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and i think there was another one back on my computer? I had them all before.

Attached Thumbnails

• update issue.jpg
  • update issue2.jpg
  • update issue3.jpg
  • update issue4.jpg
  • update issue5.jpg

Edited by Destiny000, 25 January 2016 - 01:12 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
May have found the reason for the update problem

The solution that allowed me to start getting updates again was quite simple, yet not too obvious. While in this case it addresses ASRock mobos, it possible/likely that other have similar software.
For ASRock, its the USB accelerator called "ASRock XFast Technology". The solution mentions that for some reason W10 updates does not work well with this running and recommends to stop it and delete the driver. Deleting it has to happen because apparently ASRock will call it again on reboot and start it if its not deleted.
If other mobos have some similar type of USB accelerator, its quite possible that those also do not play well with W10 updates.
Look for it and try this if you are having update and restore issues, AND you have some type of USB software accelerator, try stopping and maybe also deleting it to see if this resolves these issues. I have not started it again yet... not sure i need it.

http://www.tenforums...attempts-9.html

Also it appears that ASUS have a few problem drivers for windows 10

It has new drivers here http://www.asus.com/...pDesk_Download/