Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware or Malware, getting bad, personal information could be comprom

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

I'm pretty sure it is my home router. As the issue first started at home. I was looking for a program that worked for windows 10 for a ps3 controller and was getting impatient and used a program i had forgotten i had told myself i would never use again. I couldn't remember the one i had found that was good since it had been installed on my old computer that got replaced with my current one. -_- So I'm pretty certain it is the home one. Then I guess after the router puts whatever data back onto my pc then it follows me around to whatever network i'm on then, wouldn't it? 

I shall reset and do the scan after I get home today. 

Oh and how do I fix the procedure I did before? I have alot of windows programs not running now.

Thanks!

Edited by Destiny000, 15 December 2015 - 02:03 PM.

Advertisements

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Ok I have reset and updated the firmware for the router. The scan log is attached. 

Thanks!

Attached Files

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Let me know if that makes a difference

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

So far so good. Thanks. I'll keep you updated on any changes. Oh and the thing we did earlier blocking out windows programs from running, how do we fix that? It also blocks maleware bytes from running.

Edited by Destiny000, 16 December 2015 - 12:52 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

Run MSConfig and on the first page select normal startup

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Thanks. No pop ups at all so that's great.

The problem with the windows button and search button is still occurring. When I restart to fix the issue it cannot close a background program of windows in which case i force close it but it may be that background program thats malfunctioning somehow?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Is that Cortana as it is being a problem on some windows 10 installations .. Have all updates installed

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Cortana has always been disabled since the beginning of the first ever windows 10 installation. All updates have been installed. Windows update is now functioning seemingly correctly.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Does it state which programme is stopping the shutdown ?

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

It does not. Just says host task window is working at closing background applications keeping windows from restarting on its own. It never completes it so I always hit restart.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK I think I cured this problem on my system by doing the following :

Download the SDK web installer from here
Run the installer and select the following:

Leave the location to default
wdk%20location.JPG

Windows Performance Toolkit
Wintoolkitselect.JPG

You must reboot on completion of the install

After reboot set aside about 30 minutes when you will not need the computer

To turn UAC off

1.Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.
2.Do the following: To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK.

When ready start an elevated command prompt :

Go Start > All Programs > Accessories
Right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator

Then copy and paste the following command into the black box :

xbootmgr -trace boot -prepSystem -verboseReadyBoot

sdk%20command.JPG

Now your PC will be restarted 6 times. With a two minute pause before the tool runs after the desktop loads
After the second reboot the MS defragmentation program is running and is placing the files into an optimized layout, so that Windows will boot up faster
The last Reboots are training of readyBoot. After the training is finished, you'll notice a huge improvement in startup.

To turn UAC on

1.Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.
2.Do the following: To turn on UAC, move the slider to the notify me (default) position, and then click OK.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

User returned

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Repasting what I mentioned in the earlier message sent to you for reference and have attached the new scan logs.

"Everything is back to how it was before, only difference Opera itself is able to block more of the pop ups from occurring more often than any other browser. It must be messing with just this computers Internet, because even the cable connecting directly won't always work and even the wifi cannot see both my wifi networks, only one. And malware bytes being able to update is off and on. I also found this thread online. Alot of people seem to be having a similar problem as mine. 

http://www.bleepingc...many-instances/"

Attached Files

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I have found Chrome to be the most insecure browser of the lot... I see you have uninstalled it.

Could you screenshot an example of the ads please

CAUTION : This fix is only valid for this specific machine, using it on another may break your computer

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

CreateRestorePoint:
Reg: reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\IPSec\Policy\Local /f
Reg: reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\IPSec\Policy\Local /f
CHR HKU\S-1-5-21-3710058852-312542076-3770498964-1001\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions\...\Chrome\Extension: [dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo] - hxxp://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [lifbcibllhkdhoafpjfnlhfpfgnpldfl] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\ChromeExtension\skype_chrome_extension.crx [2015-10-12]
RemoveProxy:
EmptyTemp:
CMD: netsh advfirewall reset
CMD: netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state ON
CMD: ipconfig /flushdns
CMD: netsh winsock reset catalog
CMD: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
CMD: ipconfig /release
CMD: ipconfig /renew
CMD: netsh int ipv4 reset
CMD: netsh int ipv6 reset
CMD: bitsadmin /reset /allusers