Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovering blog from mysql sql file after failed upgrade?

• Please log in to reply

ironhuhs

ironhuhs

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Yesterday in the wee hours of morning after dazedly feeding my 3-month-old and being unable to go back to sleep, I got the brilliant idea to upgrade my version of wordpress hosted on yahoo. I'd read about the auto upgrade plugin, that it worked on yahoo and dove right in...

So, long story short, I completely hosed the upgrade. Now, I have my blog "saved" as a sql file in the format used by wordpress version 2.0.2 or something similar (whatever yahoo gave me) and I'd really, really not like to lose it as it contains over a year of stuff.

My question: what is the best way to get this sql mass into the latest version of wordpress? In particular, I notice that the schema has changed across versions, so I need to understand how I can "mash" the old schema into a new db. Any ideas, suggestions, etc will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Advertisements

genryfray

genryfray

• Pip
  • 1 posts

From command line you can use: mysqlcheck -A --auto-repair
or read this about soft 
http://www.computing...crash/1558.html