Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Questions about googling people

• Please log in to reply

Dallas123

Dallas123

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I googled a friend (haven't we all) to find out he has his own website. I did it in google chrome which worries me because I heard if you google someone on google chrome while signed into linkedin, they'll know, even without clicking on anything. I wasn't signed into anything and his website wasn't on linkedin but it made me curious if he had any way of finding out it was me. If you google a person in google chrome, and don't click on the person's website in search results, will they still know that you googled them? Will they know the search terms you used? Also, if you look at a site from your ipad and then go on to look at another site, will they see the sites you go to next? What if you clear your safari history first? I want to know how all this works so I can be smart about looking people up out of curiosity lol. I google people I know all the time. I'm sure everyone does it, but still don't want people from high school, etc. to know I'm nosy. Any help appreciated!

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

https://www.google.c...n google chrome