Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GTX-770 SLI question

• Please log in to reply

brettt777

brettt777

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

My PC has a single Gigabyte 2gb GTX-770 VGA. I'm looking at adding another one for an SLI setup. My question is this, do the two cards have to be exactly the same? I mean, obviously I would need them both to be 2gb GTX-770 devices, but could one be Gigabyte and one be say, Asus? Or would they both need to be Gigabyte?

I just found out that the Oculus Rift device will not support an SLI setup. So now I'm not so sure...

Edited by brettt777, 24 October 2015 - 09:08 AM.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday brettt777.

Yes you can mix GPUs from different manufacturers.   this resource pages should answer most of your questions. > http://www.geforce.c...ogy/sli/faq#c16

You must also check your PSU is suitable, enough Amps and connections.

If your game is not supported, I would see how much you can sell your existing card and move up to a GTX 970/980.