Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000 (Resolved)

Dell Studio XPS 8000 memory DDR3 Ram Bios

Best Answer phillpower2 , 25 January 2016 - 08:50 AM

HWMonitor, Speccy and Speedfan all report a problem with the voltage of the memory controller, MEMORY CONTROLLER: 3.056 V this is way too high, on older MBs the memory controller is controlled by a... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

Depending on what the main use of the computer will be an i7 CPU could be massive overkill and will certainly be expensive, an example of this, the least expensive i7 CPU that I could find that has the same amount of cores and is the same speed as yours costs $201.80, is dated technology being Sandy Bridge and does not support the speed of your new Ram Intel Core i7-2600S full specs here great CPU back in 2012 but not by today's standards or going forwards.

i7 CPU specs normally required for such usage as games programming, professional video rendering, 3D modelling and CAD.

Let us know the intended use and we will go from there  :thumbsup:

Advertisements

jamarch

jamarch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

The intended use of the PC is for Web Page Design(Adobe Dreamweaver), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro (Video Editing), Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects (Visual Effects), Adobe Animate, Adobe Fuse, Adobe Story Plus (Collaborative screenwriting) and Video Gaming.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

Nothing that an i5 CPU cant handle so it really is just a case of what you decide upon, take a look at the i7 prices here to see if it helps you any.

Be going offline shortly so no rush as I wont be around until after work tomorrow 7pm UK time.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

Not heard back from you jamarch, do you still require assistance, an update would be appreciated.

jamarch

jamarch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

No, I think I can take things from here but I really appreciate all of your patience and assistance.
Using the Geeks to Go Web Site has been an enriching experience and I would highly recommend
it to anyone in need of your services.

Cheers,

Jamarch

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

Glad we could help, thank you for the follow up and your kind words Jamarch  :)  :thumbsup:

jamarch

jamarch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

To: phillpower2

Quick Question?

I have available to me a free brand-new ASUS P9X79 DELUXE Motherboard

https://www.asus.com...s/P9X79_DELUXE/

Would this be a 1156 socket type board that would be compatible with my present i7 CPU?
The board can handle up to 16GB of memory and might be an excellent alternative to purchasing
a whole new system.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

The board is the LGA 2011 socket type and therefore not compatible with your CPU I`m afraid  :(

Comparisons between the two types of CPU here