Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC acting weird lately

• Please log in to reply

Sheikh_Munis

Sheikh_Munis

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Hello, 

I have a pc running win7 64bit, lately I've noticed a few strange behaviours;

Loading slowly My computer and the hard drives.

Sometimes slows down when I'm trying to download a file (I mean that when I press save on a file and the saving window opens its stuck for a few sec.

One of my everyday use excell files is suddenly don't open and stucks the program until I reboot (task manager couldn't close it). 

I had a program on my desktop that suddenly changed its name to the same name as one of the folders on my desktop. 

Today I suddenly saw the windows media player open when I didn;t open it. 

I ran a full scan on the ESET NOD (last updated version) - no threat and a full scan on Trojan remover - also no threat found. 

The PC was formatted around 4-6 month ago and acted all fine. 

Any advice???

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

By far the simplest fix would be to use Windows System Restore to roll Windows back to a point in time when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

Video: Fixing a problem using System Restore

If that doesn't help, try restoring an earlier system image or backup.