Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP pro not loading

• Please log in to reply

ruff_edgz

ruff_edgz

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have just built my own computer and I am having some Windows problems and I can't even get into it in normal mode.

I have formated my hard drive 3 times and tried repairing it 3 times as well. And every time it tries to load windows, the blue bar the moves from left to right, never shows... luckly I can get into windows through safe mode.

I can't get on-line while in safe mode (but I have a laptop right now) and here is some of the hardware I have for this newly built computer:
--------------------------------------------------
ECS NFORCE4-A939 (1.0) Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3500BPBOX

Rosewill 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model RW400/1024KITDP (2 sets mind you so I have 2 GB of RAM)

SAPPHIRE 100110 Radeon X300SE HyperMemory 256MB 128-bit DDR HyperMemory 64-bit 128MB Onboard VRAM DDR PCI-Express x16 Video Card
--------------------------------------------------
I have tried to update the BIOS on my motherboard but no luck (going to try again) and I tried to update the graphics card but it doesn't like it right now.

If anyway could help that would be wonderful and I searched before making this topic but none looked simular to my problem

thanks

|2uff

Advertisements

ruff_edgz

ruff_edgz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
::update::

I have successfully updated my BIOS and still I can't load up normal Windows XP, just Safe Mode.

As a reminder, when everything loads and the windows logo pops up, the blue bar that moves doesn't move and restarts.

HELP..thanks :-)

|2uff

Edited by ruff_edgz, 16 June 2005 - 08:24 AM.

ruff_edgz

ruff_edgz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I tried downloading windows on a new fresh harddrive and it does the same thing there as well (when I mean fresh I mean new but this was a S-ATA drive.)

If anyone has any advise.. I would love to hear it.. thanks

|2uff

PS.. I also checked my ram and from what I got from it, there were no errors so that isn't the problem either

Edited by ruff_edgz, 15 June 2005 - 02:50 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what exactly happens when you try to get into normal mode...error message? reboot? just hangs?

within safe mode

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.[/code]

ruff_edgz

ruff_edgz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well when it boots up, the windows logo with the bar below it show up but then the bar doesn't move at all. It stays like that for like a few seconds then it restarts.

After this, it tells me to choose from a list like Safe Mode, Safe mode with Networking, Safe mode with Command Prompt, Login from last known (or something like that) and start normally. Every choice except Safe mode reboots and I start over again. Safe mode I can get into windows but before I go into the program, it says stuff like:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\Drivers\...

and a whole list of them appear in front of me but I can still get into Safe Mode.

I will try your start > run, type eventvwr.msc thing in one sec... thanks again for the reply

|2uff

ruff_edgz

ruff_edgz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I copied everything that had a red X on it (there is a lot)

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	EventSystem
Event Category:	(50)
Event ID:	4609
Date:  6/15/2005
Time:  5:13:14 PM
User:  N/A
Computer:	DELTA-NI0BPP6TT
Description:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing.  HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.  Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Source:	VSS
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	8193
Description:
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance.  hr = 0x80040206.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 57 52 54 57 52 54 49 43   WRTWRTIC
0008: 32 31 30 37 00 00 00 00   2107....
0010: 57 52 54 57 52 54 49 43   WRTWRTIC
0018: 32 30 37 32 00 00 00 00   2072....

--------------------------------------------------------

Event Source:	Service Control Manager
Event ID:	7026
Time:  5:14:57 PM
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: 
Fips
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
Processor
Rdbss
Tcpip

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event ID:	7001
Description:
The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error: 
A device attached to the system is not functioning. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
The Messenger service depends on the NetBIOS Interface service which failed to start because of the following error: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error: 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Source:	DCOM
Event ID:	10005
Time:  5:13:38 PM
User:  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time:  5:13:24 PM
User:  DELTA-NI0BPP6TT\Administrator
Description:
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

User:  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

As much as I am a computer science major and love computers.. I do not understand any of this (to a point). Thanks again for the help and take care

|2uff

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
most of those errors are normal for safe mode....

In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This will result in the BSOD error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

ruff_edgz

ruff_edgz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
what if I did what you told me to do and it still restarts the computer??

|2uff

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
then we can say you likely have a heat or memory problem

ruff_edgz

ruff_edgz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
heat.. what is heat?? like heat Sink or something??

|2uff

PS.. I will try and look into the memory problem with something I found but how do I know if it is a heat problem and how do I fix that?

Advertisements

ruff_edgz

ruff_edgz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

heat.. what is heat?? like heat Sink or something??

|2uff

PS.. I will try and look into the memory problem with something I found but how do I know if it is a heat problem and how do I fix that?

View Post

explain the heat problem please?

Also to add, the power supply has a 20 pin power connector and my motherboard has a 24 pin power receiver. Do you think that might have anything to do with it or may could it be my power supply?

Thanks and take care

|2uff

ruff_edgz

ruff_edgz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
well I know for use it is not the memory becasue I did a Memtest on it and ran it until it got to 600% and no errors.

I would to know about the heat thing because right now I am looking at the temp of the case and it is 81.6 F (36 C) and the CPU temp is around 41 C.

I don't know about this heating thing but I tried installing windows again when the system temp was around 79 C and it still does the same thing and doesn't fully load windows.

PLEASE! any help would be wonderful or just a comment on what it could be or like a 'don't know what else to do' would be nice as well

|2uff

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please, be patient. I am not here 24/7

you still did not do as I asked, which was to reset the setting in post #7 and tell me what the blue screen indicates.

79centigrade is very hot for system temp, but I am MUCH more interested in what you get -- if you get one -- an error message after following the instruction in #7

Do it.

ruff_edgz

ruff_edgz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am sorry for being this way.. I am just frustrated like everyone else who has problems and I don't mean to take it out on anyone here on the forum, I am sorry.

To update, I have done what you told me to do. I checked off the box next to the Automatic Restart and when I do this a new box comes up saying this:

Windows cannot send administrative alerts uless the Alerter service is running.

To start the Alerter now, click Start button, point to programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Computer Management. In the left pane, double-click System Tools, then click Services. In the right pane, double click Alerter. Under Current Status, click Start. To have the Alerter start automatically each time Windows starts, under Startup, click Automatic.

So i went to the services part of the Administrative Tools and tried to activate the Alerter but it wouldn't since I am in Safe Mode. I don't know who important that is but I couldn't do it so I restarted the computer anyway. To no surprised, windows still restarted when it got to the Logo part and I went back to Safe Mode and went back to the Startup and Recovery part where the Automatic Restart is and it is still unchecked.

So I am sorry once again for acting impatient and I will calm down now. Thanks again

|2uff

Edited by ruff_edgz, 16 June 2005 - 12:47 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the above message occurs when you uncheck WRITE AN EVENT TO THE SYSTEM LOG or SEND AN ADMINISTRATIVE ALERT

Those should both be checked

The only thing you want unchecked on that page is AUTOMATICALLY RESTART.

If it is unchecked, reboot in normal mode and you will get a BLUE SCREEN with white letters if this a windows problem.

If that is the case, we are not experiencing a windows problem, or, it is such a lot level windows problem it is occuring before some very fundamental windows files are loading.

Let's back up....since you built this system, what are the componants?