Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to go without satellite

streaming smart tv

• Please log in to reply

102christa

102christa

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi!  I want to switch of my satellite and stream from the internet instead.  I'm in South Africa and we got a ShowMax site where you can subscribe and get series and all that stuff.  I do have an LG smart tv but the whole browsing/remote/typing thing takes to long.  What is the easiest and quickest way to just sit down and watch something without taking 10 minutes to try and find something.  Would it be to hook up the tv like a monitor to my pc?  I've read about media streaming devices, but does that work for all sites or just specific sites like netflix?  Will mirroring from a cell or tablet work?  I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but everyone I know who've gone without satellite is just downloading stuff and watching it from their harddrives, I don't mind streaming if I knew it would work.

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

of course you can stream and watch tv without satellite, no idea where you get your info from jackie chan but the only requirement is an internet connection, so just as long as your internet connection isn't via satellite then there is no reason whatever why you'd need satellite.

sorry 102christa can't help with your queries i've never mirrored a tablet/phone or used any dedicated streaming devices but connecting your pc to your tv is probably the best anyway and is how i watch my streams.

my tv is connected as a second monitor so i can watch media while also working on my pc on the first monitor.

:popcorn: